Are you blogging for money? Looking to increase your affiliate sales? I’m sure most of us are blogging for profits, not for fun. We are all searching for different ways to make money blogging. One of the most effective ways to generate passive income from online is by selling affiliate products.
When it comes to affiliate marketing, there are tons of products out there and most of them have great ROI. One of the easiest ways to make more affiliate income is to recommend hosting services for your blog visitors.
Why refer web hosting affiliate programs?
The simplest reason is almost every person who wants to start a website on WordPress need a hosting service. Another reason is, you can make a really good amount from every successful sale you make from hosting providers.
Just have a look at the earning numbers of one of the affiliate products (that we sold from BloggersPassion).
We earned more than $337,000 from one product.
Not just that, here’s one more earning report for one of the hosting affiliate programs.
Did you see that? We made over $53,000 just from ONE product. Yes, just from one product i.e Bluehost affiliate program, we were able to generate around $30k.
Not too bad for a single affiliate program, right?
So which web hosts do we recommend to promote so you can make more money?
It depends on your readers and visitors. If your readers are looking for limited budget web hosting programs, you need to only refer affordable web hosts like Bluehost, HostGator, DreamHost etc.
If you have small business owners as your customers who want a VPS, then you can refer few costly hosting services like Media Temple, SiteGround, WP engine etc.
So are you curious to find out how to promote hosting affiliate products to earn more money in 2021 and beyond, let’s get into the details.
How to make more sales from web hosting affiliate programs?
Table of Contents
- Why refer web hosting affiliate programs?
- How to make more sales from web hosting affiliate programs?
- 1. Only recommend the web hosts you use
- 2. Write unbiased web hosting reviews
- 3. Optimize your site
- 4. Build and improve trust
- 5. Use a mix of informative and transactional keywords
- 6. Find out what your competitors are doing
- 7. Promote your web hosting pages more
- 8. “Special occasions” can boost your web hosting sales
- 9. Offer your visitors something extra
- 10. Landing pages are crucial
- 11. Use Facebook Ads
- FAQs About Increasing Sales for Hosting Referral Products
- Conclusion about Making More Sales from Hosting Affiliate Products
1. Only recommend the web hosts you use
Honest website marketing is the key to make more sales by selling affiliate products. Take any successful online marketer, for instance, you will understand that they will be only promoting the products they personally use.
That being said, we’re not suggesting you to sign up for a ton of web hosting sites to promote their hosting plans but make sure to at least use 2 or 3 hosting platforms which you are promoting excessively.
For example, in our case, we recommend more than 10 web hosting platforms but we’re definitely not using all of them. But we always make sure to use those hosting plans which we’re mostly promoting on our sites (such as Bluehost, SiteGround, WPX hosting etc).
Don’t promote affiliate products just because they are giving you extra income, you should look out for the trustworthy of the products. So before giving web hosting service advice to your audience, use them first. Then recommend the hosting services that you really liked most, it is better if you promote only those hosting services that you personally use.
I personally use and recommend Bluehost for any new blogger who wants a hassle-free web host service for their WordPress websites.
2. Write unbiased web hosting reviews
If you want to increase hosting affiliate revenue, write unbiased and honest product reviews. If you convince your visitors the pitfalls and advantages of using the products you recommend, you can make more sales without selling your soul.
Hone your writing skills to create great reviews on the products you want to promote. Analyze how your competitors are promoting their products by writing reviews.
You can have a better idea if you go through all the product reviews of popular bloggers who are making decent affiliate income.
Writing unbiased and honest web hosting reviews goes a long way. It is what differentiates successful affiliate marketers from the rest. If you really want to increase hosting affiliate profit, you should always focus on giving more value to your audience rather than increasing sales. Sales will come naturally then!
Here’s a simple framework we use to write unbiased web hosting reviews at Bloggers Passion which works really well for us.
- Make sure to write only the product reviews which offer excellent features at affordable prices (few are an exception though).
- Include all the pros and cons for every web hosting review you write
- If possible, try to give better alternatives within your posts while writing web hosting reviews. You can even link to other hosting reviews which offer better features or pricing. It immediately acts as a trust factor.
- While using affiliate links, make sure to add an affiliate disclosure where you can say “we make small commission while purchasing using any of our links without costing you anything extra”.
- Make your web hosting reviews as comprehensive as possible. List out every single feature in detail. Use screenshots, try to provide the web hosting uptime, downtime, server time etc if you can.
- Last but not least, treat your web hosting reviews as “assets”, not sales copies!
I recommend you to read Smart Passive Income and Problogger.com to increase your writing skills as well as affiliate sales.
Don’t Miss: Bluehost Coupon Code for maximum saving.
3. Optimize your site
Your website is the most important thing that can literally make or break your success.
If you want to increase your web hosting sales and boost your search rankings for profitable keywords, you need to really optimize your site.
Here are a few interesting stats you should about page speed and website loading times.
- 46% of people say waiting for pages to load is what they dislike most about browsing the web on mobile
- Sites that load in five seconds (compared to those that load in 19) see 70% longer average sessions
- one full second can decrease conversion rates by 70%
- 79% of web shoppers who have trouble with website performance say they won’t return to the site to buy again
Above all, pages that load within two seconds have an average bounce rate of 9% while pages that take five seconds to load have a bounce rate of 38%, so make sure your site is loading fast enough.
Here are a few ways you can optimise your site for more hosting affiliate sales in 2021 and beyond.
Optimize for mobiles
Did you know that mobile devices accounted for 49.7 percent of web page views worldwide, with mobile-first markets such as Asia and Africa leading mobile internet usage?
So is your site optimized for mobile? If you not, you should make your site mobile responsive as soon as possible. You can use simple plugins like WPTouch to create a mobile-friendly site.
Speed up your site
First things first, measure how long a page takes to load on your site. Because your website speed matters a lot both in terms of increasing your search rankings and giving better user experience so you can optimize your website to improve performance.
You can use tools like GTMetrix, Pingdom tools etc to easily find out your site loading times.
Pro tip: If you are using a shared hosting server, you can try switching to a better hosting provider such as WPX hosting to see if it makes a positive difference. Most of the times, you can increase your site speed by 3 to 10 times.
Last but not least, when it comes to optimizing your site, it’s so important for you to declutter everything including your sidebar, footer section, your most important pages and so on. Make them as fast as possible and remove the unwanted clutter to give the best user experience.
4. Build and improve trust
Building trust is the KEY to increase your web hosting related affiliate sales.
If your audience trusts you, it’s so much easier for you to turn them into customers. Here are a few quick tips for you to build and improve trust on your site.
Write income reports
One of the most effective and simplest ways to build and improve your website trust is to write income reports and share your affiliate income earnings. If possible, try to include all the screenshots of your traffic (both paid, search, social media traffic) along with the commission payouts.
You can also get ideas from top sites like Smart Passive Income which is run by Pat Flynn to find out how you can write engaging income reports. Make sure to include only accurate data while sharing your traffic and income reports and don’t bluff as it can affect your site earnings and branding value in the long run.
Create case studies on special days (like Black Friday)
We often create case studies and publish income reports of our site Bloggers Passion during special days like Black Friday week. For example, you can go through our Black Friday affiliate marketing case study.
These type of case studies work like a charm and engage your audience. Most importantly, they help you quickly build authority and trust with your audience.
Get testimonials from other bloggers
There are so many affiliate marketers out there who use testimonials from other bloggers and influencers. They do it for a reason: it acts as social proof. Just make sure to get testimonials from only those bloggers who are treated as “experts” in your industry. Otherwise, it won’t do much help.
5. Use a mix of informative and transactional keywords
So what’s the fastest way to increase affiliate sales? If you ask any successful affiliate marketer, most of them will say “bringing more visitors from search engines like Google”.
Do you know why? Search engine visitors are most qualified visitors who’ll be eagerly waiting to buy online when they find the right discounts.
The best way to drive more visitors from search is to use transactional keywords along with informative keywords.
Here are examples of both informative and transactional keywords;
- “How to use iPhone” – informative keyword
- “iPhone discounts” – transactional keyword
Are you getting the difference between informative and transactional keywords?
To put it simply, informative keywords are those keywords which educate your audience about particular products (such as web hosting, an example includes “Bluehost review”) whereas transactional keywords are buyer keywords where people look for discounts (such as “Bluehost hosting discount”).
So how do you find informative and transactional keywords?
Here are a few quick tips to find both informative and transactional keywords to increase your search traffic as well as affiliate sales.
- Get access to the right keyword research tools. If you want to make money selling affiliate products, you must invest in the right tools, we use Semrush and highly recommend it. You can use Semrush for doing everything from keyword research to backlink analysis to competitor research.
- Focus on finding low competitive keywords as they are easier to rank for. Also, make sure to find at least one primary keyword for each post you write.
- Use your competitor’s sites to find out what are all the buyer keywords they are ranking for. You can too consider similar topics to write.
- Always make sure to find related keywords for your target keywords so you can rank for additional search terms as well which helps you with more organic traffic.
6. Find out what your competitors are doing
So what’s the secret sauce of most successful affiliate marketers who are making thousands of dollars by selling web hosting affiliate products? They do a lot of competitor research.
Competitor analysis is a must if you want to increase your hosting affiliate products revenue.
Competitor analysis is all about evaluating your competitor’s strategies to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
Here are a few things to look for while doing competitor analysis.
- Find a list of all the web hosting related affiliate products your competitors are promoting.
- Find out their promotional channels (including paid ads and social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and so on)
- Subscribe to their email lists to find out how they are promoting web hosting products to make more sales (find out if they are using any email sequences so you get more ideas on how to use your email lists to increase sales)
- Find out your competitors top performing keywords and also make sure to keep an eye on their income generating posts so you can create contents on the similar topics by creating 10x better content
Above all, find your competitors SEO strategies so you’ll know what kind of link building and keyword research strategies they are using to rank higher for competitive keywords related to web hosting products.
7. Promote your web hosting pages more
If there’s only one secret tip to increase your sales from web hosting affiliate products it is PROMOTING. Reach more audience and you will be making more sales from affiliate marketing.
Try to give huge online reach to your web hosting programs as the more reach they get, your chances of making money from them increases.
But don’t appear like a spammer who wants to just increase his affiliate income, it can only hurt your readership.
Here are few simple yet effective ways to promote web hosting affiliate programs without irritating your blog audience.
- Use your web hosting links on sidebar and footer
- Write product reviews as said above
- Use social media sites to increase your online reach
- Build an email list of dedicated subscribers and start promoting
One of the most effective ways to promote your web hosting related affiliate programs is to use Google AdWords. It is an online advertising platform developed by Google where you pay few bucks (depend on the keywords you are going to use) to display ads, product listings, video content etc to drive paid visitors to your site.
Quick tip: Make sure to use tools like Semrush to find paid ads and ad copies (along with paid keywords) used by your competitors so you’ll get an idea about what kind of keywords to target using AdWords to drive qualified traffic to your sites.
Don’t sound like “hey, I’ll earn some commission if you buy this web hosting using my affiliate link”. Instead of hard selling, try to help your readers to decide the best web hosting service for their needs.
8. “Special occasions” can boost your web hosting sales
By promoting special offers on your web hosting services, you can boost your affiliate income quickly. Most people wait for the right time to launch their websites and if they see a huge price drop in web hosting service they love, they will instantly buy.
So I suggest you sign up for all the web hosting services you recommend on your websites so that you will be the first one to get notified if they are offering special offers or discounts on their web hosting.
There are a ton of web hosting sites such as SiteGround, GoDaddy, Namecheap etc that have dedicated “deals and coupon” pages where you can find a ton of deals related to hosting and domains. So make sure to bookmark such pages and refer to them regularly to be able to provide discounts to your website audience.
You should also make use of special occasions like Black Friday, Christmas sales etc which come only once in a year but get access to HUGE discounts (most hosting companies offer up to 80% discounts).
If they offer a special discount, make sure to become the first person to write a review or give a shout out to your visitors to increase your sales. Try to get the best promo codes from the product owners to make more people buy from you instead of your competitors.
9. Offer your visitors something extra
If you are a new blogger and searching for few smartest ways to increase your web hosting sales from your websites, this tip works for you like a charm. Offer your visitors something extra for free.
For example, you could offer your writing services, free blog installation etc. free of cost when your visitors use your affiliate links to purchase web hosting services that you recommend.
This way, both you and your visitors get benefited, though it seems like additional work, you can surely increase your sales even if you are new to the online world.
Why should anyone buy web hosting using your affiliate links instead of someone else? If you could give an answer to that, you can definitely make a ton of sales.
If you don’t have an answer yet, let us simplify the whole thing: if you can offer “something extra” (it can be anything from freebies to discounts on your own products or services), you’re giving solid reasons for your audience to buy products from you.
Note: Always disclose web hosting products and let your blog visitors know you are using affiliate links on your blog posts and links. This way you will be able to build trust even with the first time visitors, also mention (affiliate link) whenever you are using affiliate links on your posts.
10. Landing pages are crucial
Did you know that the average landing page conversion rate across industries is 2.35%, with the top 25% converting at 5.31% or higher?
So landing pages always work like a charm in converting visitors into sales.
If you’re reading Bloggers Passion for a while, you must know that we mostly use landing pages for affiliate product pages and deal pages including web hosting related pages.
Have a look at one of the examples of our landing pages.
There’s a reason for using landing pages for affiliate products and deal pages. The reason is they convert really high.
Here are a few things you should know about landing pages to increase your web hosting sales.
- The first rule of landing pages is 1 offer per page. In fact, multiple offers can decrease conversions by up to 266%, so it’s always better to promote one web hosting product rather than showing up excessive programs.
- Make sure to use the proper call to actions with appealing buttons so you can easily get more people to click on your affiliate product links.
- Perform A/B split testing into your landing pages whenever necessary. We personally use and recommend Crazy Egg to know where our audiences are clicking and what’s working well for us (so we can make small tweaks to the landing pages we’re using to increase our affiliate web hosting sales)
- Test with your headlines as 8 out of 10 people decides whether or not read your pages after reading your headlines.
Above all, make sure to keep the important information such as deals and discounts (along with the call to actions) above the fold on your landing pages as most people don’t scroll down much while looking for web hosting related discounts.
You can use tools like Thrive Architect, LeadPages etc to easily create stunning landing pages within minutes to improve web hosting referral profit.
11. Use Facebook Ads
Recently we ran few Facebook ads for few hosting affiliate products during the Black Friday season. We spent over $300 on Facebook ads and got decent clicks from the ads to the hosting related deal pages.
If you create right kind of ad copies using compelling titles and offers, Facebook ads convert like crazy.
So investing in Facebook ads to improve hosting affiliate sales is not a bad thing if you are really looking to target “specific audience”.
FAQs About Increasing Sales for Hosting Referral Products
Here are a few important questions you might want to know about increasing revenue for hosting affiliate products in 2021 and beyond.
If you’re just starting out and looking for ways on how to increase web hosting sales as a beginner, here are few quick tips for you.
→ Build trust as it can go a long way. Always remember that no one buys from strangers, so build a reputation for yourself as a blogger and grow from there.
→ Promote high paying affiliate programs which also offer exclusive deals
→ Offer extra freebies to attract new people to buy web hosting products from you
If you’re looking for high paying hosting affiliate websites, here are few of them.
→ Bluehost (you can earn up to $65 to $120)
→ HostGator (you can earn up to $125)
→ WPX Hosting (you can earn up to $100)
→ SiteGround (you can earn up to $150)
→ Dream Host (you can earn up to $120)
→ WP Engine (you can earn up to $200)
→ A2 Hosting (you can earn up to $140)
→ InMotion Hosting (you can earn up to $120)
→ iPage (you can earn up to $150)
→ Just Host (you can earn up to $60)
Generally, almost all the hosting companies follow similar rules which are at basic mentioned below.
→ No adult content
→ No copied content
→ Trying to increase sales by providing false discounts and so on
Here’s a list of over 100 best affiliate programs you can use to promote and make more commissions in 2021 and beyond. That being said, you need to find out what works best for you by analyzing your target audience and products to offer so you can make more affiliate sales.
Yes, GoDaddy offers affiliate programs ranging from domains to web hosting. GoDaddy is also one of the leading domain registrars and hosting providers which have over 10 million customers worldwide.
More Affiliate Marketing related resources:
- Beginners guide to affiliate marketing
- How to do SEO for an affiliate website
- How I end up making $16000 plus income from a single hosting affiliate product
- List of 21 high paying affiliate programs for 2021
- Best web affiliate sites to join for earning huge commission
- Top Affiliate Marketing Courses [Paid & Free]
Conclusion about Making More Sales from Hosting Affiliate Products
Use your blog posts to increase your web hosting sales, use personalization and only recommend the products that you are personally satisfied with to build trust. By offering a few samples of web hosting services, you can double web hosting sales from your websites. Also, make sure to write honest product reviews and optimize well for the search engines for long tail keywords to get the rewards from search engines.
Let me know your thoughts on making more sales from web hosting affiliate websites. Do you have any more tips to increase web hosting sales? Please share them in the comments and I’d be glad to consider them.