Are you running a weight loss niche website and looking to make more money from it? If you’re in a fitness industry running a website and trying to make it profitable, this post is a treat for you.
3 questions you need to answer before launching a weight loss niche site.
- Is this niche profitable and evergreen?
- Are people searching for this topic on Google?
- Do you really love this niche? Can you write at least 50 articles around the niche?
Don’t worry if you don’t get answers to the above questions right away as we’re going to cover all of them so you’ll have better understanding about how to build a weight loss niche website that makes you $500 a day. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- Is weight loss niche still the most profitable niche?
- 3 reasons why weight loss niche is still profitable
- How to Make $500 A Day With A Weight Loss Niche Site
- 5 Steps to Launch Your Own Weight Loss Niche Website
- Step 1: Come up with a domain idea
- Step 2: Find the best hosting service
- Step 3: Install WordPress
- Step 4: Launch your blog
- Step 5: Start making money by creating great content
- FAQ’s about making money from a weight loss niche website
- Final thoughts about making $500 a day with a weight loss niche website
Is weight loss niche still the most profitable niche?
First things first: niche blogging itself is a profitable way of making money online.
What is niche blogging?
Niche blogging is the process of creating a blog where you create content for a particular topic. For example: “weight loss eating plan” can be a niche topic where you’ll be creating content only around eating plans, diet for reducing your weight.
Are you getting it?
Basically niche blogging gives you high chances to succeed in an extremely narrow topic so you can rank well for the keywords that you are targeting (no matter what industry you are in).
Now, let’s talk about the most important question: is weight loss still most profitable?
The simple answer is YES. Weight loss niche will be profitable forever. The reasons include;
- More and more people are getting obese due to their lifestyle and diet
- More and more people are wanting to get six pack abs (where you’ve to shred your weight)
- People are looking to lose weight after pregnancy and so on
So weight loss niche is one particular niche where there will be demand forever.
3 reasons why weight loss niche is still profitable
Reason 1: Huge demand as 2 billion adults are overweight
Did you know that there are nearly 2 billion adults who are overweight around the world? That means nearly 1/3rd of the world’s population is obese. Yes, that’s a BIG problem. But that’s where the most money lies in as almost every obese person wants to lose weight.
So no matter how many sites are already there on weight loss industry, you can still find a niche in weight loss to start making incredible amount of money.
Here’s an example of how weight loss industry is growing rapidly.
Reason 2: High commission affiliate programs and products
Affiliate marketing is definitely one of the best ways to make money from any blog and weight loss website is one of the best industries out there you can use affiliate products to earn passive income. You can find a lot of high commission affiliate programs and products related to weight loss across all the popular affiliate marketing platforms.
Reason 3: High CPC to earn from AdSense
Apart from affiliate marketing, another reason most people go for websites which are related to weight loss is because it provides huge CPC so that we can earn a lot of money by using monetization strategies like Google AdSense.
Since there are so many people searching for phrases related to weight loss and diet plans, you will have plenty of visitors coming to your site even if your topics related to weight loss industry are too narrow and that’s the best thing about making money from a weight loss website.
Let’s now get into the details of how you can build a weight loss niche site that brings $500 a day for you in 2020 and beyond.
How to Make $500 A Day With A Weight Loss Niche Site
1. Profitable topics to pick for a weight loss niche site in 2020
Come up with as many topic ideas as you can before you start building a niche website. Make sure to write out the list of topics using your passion or interests as the starting point because your topic selection is the stepping stone to your online success.
Topic selection is more important when it comes to building a profitable weight loss related website that makes money in the long run. Here are some of the topics that you can use to build profitable weight loss related website to bring more traffic and sales in 2020 and beyond.
- weight loss diet plan
- Best weight loss drinks
- weight loss diet in nigeria
- weight loss during pregnancy
- weight loss diet tips
- weight loss tablets
- weight loss cardio workouts
- weight loss books
- weight loss belt
- weight loss stories
As you can see from the above examples, we came up with 10 niche ideas just for weight loss industry within a few minutes. Once you’ve found your topic or niche to build a weight loss niche website from scratch, here are few things you need to keep in mind.
1. Keyword selection is really really important
Keyword selection is extremely important when it comes to building a traffic weight loss website that attracts more traffic from search engines like Google. Unfortunately most people don’t focus on finding and using the right keywords within the accountant and that’s why they often struggle to increase their website’s organic traffic.
That being said make sure to spend quality time on finding highly relevant long tail keywords with low search volume so you can easily get first page rankings for the keywords you want to rank for without putting much effort. Here’s an illustration of the importance of using long tail keywords.
2. Think long term and get better results
when your blogging to make money you should think long term instead of thinking about quick results are shortcuts because profitable blogging is a marathon, not a sprint. and getting traffic from search engine to your site definitely takes a couple of months so you can succeed only if you are aiming for long term results. Think big and start small and you will succeed in the long run for sure.
3. Get access to the best tools to make your blog a success
We always believe in investing money online and we strongly believe that it takes money to make money. If you’re really serious about making money from a weight loss niche site, you need to get access to the right tools and products to make your site a success. Here are few of the tools and resources that you must need:
- SEMrush: When you decided to build a profitable blog in weight loss industry you need to focus on a lot of things especially SEO related stuff and that’s why you need an essential SEO tool like SEMrush which gives you access to everything from competitor analysis to backlink research to finding profitable keywords in your industry.
- Email marketing software: The money is in the list so if you want to build a profitable around weight loss industry, You need to focus on building a thriving email list where your email subscribers should be eagerly waiting to read and buy your products or content. We recommend you to check out GetResponse or Drip which are really useful for email marketing automation.
- Right plugins: If you are running your weight loss website on WordPress, the chances are you will be using a lot of plugins here is where you need to Limit your plugins usage to 15 or 20 and make sure to use only the essential WordPress plugins which will enhance your overall speed and performance instead of affecting your website loading time.
- A premium WordPress theme: First impression is the last impression when it comes to building an online business that is the reason why it’s essential for you to invest your money on getting a professional website design. Even if you have really great content it will be harder for you to engage with your audience without having great website design. You can either go for elegant themes or hire someone to build a unique design for your website.
Here’s a great video on finding LSI Keywords which will be helpful for your website.
2. Monetize with CPC or CPM Ads
One of the best ways to monetize a weight loss niche site is to use CPC or CPM ads. Let’s talk about what they are and how to make money through them.
CPM Ads are also known as “cost per 1,000 impressions”. These are the ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad. So the money you make from CPM ads is entirely dependent on how many people actually see your ads.
CPC Cost per click ads are usually ads that you place within your website’s content or sidebar. Whenever a reader clicks on the ads that you place within your website, you are paid for that click. It’s as simple as that. That means, the money you make from CPC ads is dependent on how many people actually click on your ads.
So how do you use either CPM or CPC ads on your weight loss niche website?
There are multiple ways but following are few of the widely used ways to use CPC and CPM ads on your weight loss niche site.
Google AdSense: You can build a money making AdSense friendly website if you’re good at getting more traffic. AdSense is the go to choice for most bloggers who want to monetize their sites with CPC ads as it is run by Google which is one of the most trusted choices among publishers and advertisers. Although AdSense pays you peanuts but when you are ranking for high CPC keywords and terms and bring high quality visitors to your site, you can make thousands of dollars every month just from AdSense.
Chitika: Chitika is a great AdSense alternative which is another popular choice for using display ads which include display/text ad units, list units and mobile ads. The great thing about using Chitika ads is that it provides ads by determining the searchers queries whereas AdSense ads are based on your content.
Infolinks: Over 100,000 sites around the world are using Infolinks to monetize their content. This is the platform that you can use to create a new revenue stream from your site’s unused ad space (unlike AdSense or Chitika ads).
Media.net from The Yahoo! Bing Network: Media.net helps you easily monetize all the publishers to create and customize ad units that display relevant text ads from across the Yahoo! Bing Network.
Let’s now talk about how you can make money by recommending affiliate programs related to weight loss niche (as affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to generate MORE income when compared to display ads like CPC or CPM ads).
3. Monetize with the best weight loss niche affiliate programs
If you’re looking for passive income sources to monetize your weight loss site, affiliate marketing is just for you. There are a ton of high commission based affiliate programs available in the weight loss industry.
You can use affiliate marketing marketplaces which are mentioned below to find and promote the best performing affiliate programs for your weight loss niche site.
- Commission Junction
- Amazon Associates and so on
Finding best weight loss related affiliate programs is definitely not easy especially when you are starting out and that’s the reason why you need to carefully analyse your competitors to see what kind of affiliate programs they are promoting to make money through their websites.
That being said, here are few tips you can use to select the best affiliate products to promote on your weight loss niche website for more earnings in 2020.
- Know what your audience wants to buy: This is the first step in selecting the right products to promote on your site: figure out what actually your target audience wants to buy. Are they looking for weight loss equipment or pills or any coaching program material like DVD’s or eBooks? By knowing their wants and needs, you can easily pick the best products that you can easily sell to your audience.
- Think about promoting white label products: Promoting white label products works best with niche websites no matter what industry you are in. White label products help you promote and sell the products by using your own website or brand name.
- Read product reviews: Before promoting any money making affiliate product, make sure to read all the customer reviews around it so you can easily figure out whether it’s worth promoting to your audience or not.
When you are trying to monetize is your weight loss niche website with affiliate programs, you need to remember one thing that building trust is the key to generating more affiliate sales and creating a passive income source through affiliate marketing.
Here is where an email list comes into play so start building an email list from the beginning of your blogging journey so that you can easily create awareness about the products you promote to turn your email subscribers into buyers.
Growing your audience through a YouTube channel is a great way to monetize a weight loss industry related site. YouTube videos are visually appealing and you can promote a ton of products in the form of reviews, tips and techniques to a wide range of audience.
Above all, creating videos is easier than creating highly in-depth content and ranks well if you’re doing proper on page optimization with your videos.
You can also start sharing fat to fit stories by collaborating with people who have successfully transformed themselves to get fit. That way you can reach to millions of people (Because they love body transformation and shredded videos related to fitness and weight).
Just make sure to ignore the troll when you’re just starting out because random visitors who click on your videos criticize for anything that you do by leaving hatred comments or disliking your videos etc. Once you ignore that bad noise, you can start growing your audience through YouTube channel.
There are so many fitness and weight loss niche related channels on YouTube that make thousands of dollars every single month (just make to spend some time to research about them to know more about their content, promotion and audience building strategies).
In case, if you’re wondering about ranking your videos on YouTube, here’s a video by Brian Dean which helps.
Here are few tips to monetize a YouTube channel related to weight loss niche in 2020.
- Find sponsors: One of the best ways to make more money from YouTube channels is to find relevant sponsors who are interested in promoting their products or services relevant to fitness. You can start digging into other YouTube channels to find how they are using sponsorships to monetize.
- Use AdSense: YouTube allows you to use AdSense ads within your videos so you can make money whenever someone visits your ads or clicks on them. Almost 80% of the YouTube channels are dependent on AdSense for making money.
- Make the most out of subscribers: Your subscribers are your assets so make sure to take help from them. You can ask for donations or you can simply ask them to buy products from you so you can earn some commission (either by selling your own stuff other people’s products).
5. Analyse your competitors to find out what works best for you
One of the easiest ways to monetize your weight loss niche website is to simply analyse all the competitor websites in weight loss industry. Build a list of 20 to 30 websites in weight loss industry and find out what monetization strategies they are using to make more revenue.
- Are they promoting affiliate products?
- Are they creating and selling their own digital information products?
- Are they using display ads like AdSense, Chitika etc?
- Are they making money from their videos?
- Are they offering coaching services to make money through their weight loss niche sites?
By asking the above questions while analysing your competitor websites gives you a clear idea on how to proceed and monetize your own blog. So what are you waiting for? Go analyse your competitors.
If you need any help, use SEMrush for doing a thorough competitor analysis.
As you establish a weight loss niche website, there are a few strategies that you need to put into consideration in order to succeed in your endeavours.
Set up the Website after an Extensive Research
You can establish your own website and start dealing on various themes. For example, you can be evaluating different weight loss products, interviewing victims of obesity and those who have lost weight, start doing video blog about weightloss and last but not least evaluate weightloss books.
Capture the Leads to Expand your Business
As soon as you establish your site, you can immediate capture your customer’s names, emails and contact number. However, you need to have a good and easy to access domain name and website landing pages. And so, you will be able to provide them with this information easily.
Spread the Word and Enjoy Huge Returns
Through creative ways to reach the community you will be able to land for a good traffic by employing great marketing strategies. You can offer coupon and promo code on your products and services through social media, content marketing and via backlinks and enjoy good returns and higher ranks in search engines
5 Steps to Launch Your Own Weight Loss Niche Website
Step 1: Come up with a domain idea
Choosing a proper domain name for your weight loss niche site is really important because if you’re creating engaging content for people, they might search for your website. So having a memorable domain name helps to get direct traffic.
Make sure to go for a .com domain name extension even if the domain length is bit bigger because .com is what most people use while searching for a domain or website. Make it easy to type and remember. You can come up with funny names or get creative to come up with domain names which are easier to remember.
You can buy a domain name using any of these popular domain name registrars which offer excellent features at an affordable price tag.
Price of a domain: A domain name usually costs $10 for a year (if it’s available) or you can also buy expired domains from the marketplace where you have to bid your price to get the premium domain names.
Step 2: Find the best hosting service
Your web hosting is the most important thing when it comes to building a profitable niche site. We’ve written a detailed guide on finding the best hosting service where you can pick the best one among the 10 choices (all are good though!).
Make sure to figure out a budget that suits your blogging needs and go for the hosting platform which offers you excellent features at an affordable price tag.
Step 3: Install WordPress
Once you are done with the above two steps where you’ve bought both domain name and the best reliable hosting service, you need to install WordPress (which is the widely used blogging platform) .
If you are using a hosting service like WPX hosting or Bluehost, it’s really easy to install WordPress because they usually offer quick install where you can install WordPress within 5 minutes.
Quick tip: We highly recommend you to give a try to Bluehost as it offers affordable hosting plans and also gives you ultimate features like free SSL, backups, SSD storage and so on.
Here’s a simple tutorial on how you can use Bluehost to install WordPress within 5 minutes.
Step 1: Click here to install WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting
Once you click on the above link, you will be taken to Bluehost hosting home page where you need to click on the “Get Started Now” button to continue. The hosting will be just $2.95 per month if you use our exclusive link.
Here’s how it looks like;
Step 2: Choose a domain name
Fortunately, Bluehost offers a free domain for 1 year so enter any domain name that you want.
Step 3: Enter your account information and click “next”
Select any package. Please pick your account plan and here are the Bluehost discounted pricing details for you.
Here’s the discounted price if you buy from this special link
- 36 Months $2.95
- 24 Months $3.95
- 12 Months $4.95
Step 4: Pick a strong password
Step 5: Once you logged into Bluehost control panel, install WordPress. You’re done!
Step 4: Launch your blog
You are ready to launch your blog once you are done with the installation of WordPress. Immediately after installing WordPress on your weight loss website, make sure to install all the essential WordPress plugins so you can run your blog smoothly and effortlessly.
Just make sure to keep an eye on the usage of your plugins and limit your plugins usage to under 15 so it won’t affect your website loading times or performance.
Also make sure to create social media profiles for your weight loss website so you can stay active on social media by sharing all your latest content and also by connecting with other like-minded bloggers to drive more traffic and sales to your weight loss website.
Step 5: Start making money by creating great content
The final step is to start creating highly informative and useful articles around weight loss so you can start attracting more visitors from other places like search engines, social media sites, blogging forums etc
It’s impossible to build a highly profitable blog that makes money without creating great content so make sure to come up with a list of blog post ideas that attend to attract more traffic and backlinks to your website.
Also start writing this post for other sites in your industry so you can attract a lot of backlinks which will be really helpful in giving you better domain authority and backlink profile to your website.
FAQ’s about making money from a weight loss niche website
1. Is it really hard to build a weight loss niche website?
Yes and no. Making money from any website requires some serious efforts into content marketing and the way you sell. If you’re looking for shortcuts, you’ll never succeed. So think long term, if you’re looking to make money with a weight loss niche site in 2020.
That being said, you can refer to our beginner’s guide to make money from blogging to get some really good ideas on monetizing your weight loss niche site.
2. How long does it take to make money from a weight loss niche site?
It depends on many things.
- It depends on how good you’re at creating useful and remarkable content for your target audience
- It depends on the promotion strategies you use
- It depends on how quickly you bring massive traffic from Google
- Above all, it depends on how good you’re at selling to online customers!
But if you’re looking for a definite answer, it usually takes 6 months to 1 year to start making decent money from a weight loss niche site.
3. How to bring more visitors to my weight loss niche site?
There are so many ways you can attract and bring more visitors to your site but when you are building a weight loss niche site, you need to primarily focus on getting more visitors from search engines like Google because search engine traffic is the most qualified traffic and sends you return of visitors even in the long run. Here are some of the best SEO practices you can follow in 2020 to get massive traffic from search engines to your websites.
4. How much does it usually cost me to build a weight loss niche site?
Zero to couple of hundred dollars. You can start a weight loss niche site for free using free blogging sites but we don’t recommend because you’ll have no control over your sites.
It usually takes around $100 to build a weight loss niche site on self hosted WordPress platform ($10 for domain, $70 for Bluehost hosting, $20 for any professional WordPress theme). It again depends on which hosting you choose and how much you want to spend on getting a premium design for your weight loss niche site.
5. How much money can I earn through a weight loss niche site in 2020?
Sky’s the limit. There’s no limit on how much you can earn through your weight loss niche site. It all depends on the monetization strategies you choose and the amount of quality visitors that you bring to your weight loss niche site. That being said, if you follow and implement the strategies, tips and techniques mentioned on this guide, you’ll be making $500 a day with your weight loss niche site.
More resources around niche blogging worth checking:
- How to dominate Google and profit with micro niche blogs
- How to find trending topics for your niche blogs [with ease]
- Proven tips for building a successful Amazon niche site in 2020
- Best link building strategies for niche sites [Ultimate guide]
- How to create a successful niche site [Step by step guide]
- How Much Money Do YouTubers Make From Their YouTube Channels?
Final thoughts about making $500 a day with a weight loss niche website
Building a profitable blog especially in the weight loss industry is definitely a challenge and you really need to learn how to properly analyse your competition to start building passive income sources.
That being said you can use all the strategies and tips mentioned on this guide to start making more money from your weight loss niche websites in 2020 and beyond. The only thing you need to remember is start small, make consistent changes and aim for long term results.
So what are your thoughts on this post? Are you running a weight loss niche website and are you making money from it? If you still have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.